Every year at this time there are many homeowners who decide to wait until after the holidays to list their homes for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays. I hear this all the time and I just want to give you a few thoughts to consider.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
- Relocation buyers are out there. The mid- year break in school seems to be a popular time for companies to relocate people. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their new employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
- Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now. People are busy during the holidays so, if they are looking at houses, they tend to be very serious buyers.
- You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
- Homes show better when decorated for the holidays - as long as you don't over do it.
- There is minimal competition for you as a seller right now. Inventory of homes for sale traditionally slows in the late fall, early winter. Why not be one of the few homes available during this season?
- The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream homes during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
- The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge and reach new heights which will lessen the demand for your house in 2019.
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense. Call me today to discuss getting your home on the market right away.